Friday, July 13, 2012

time well mis-spent

while I was at EFY (a church camp for those who don't know) i wrote a poem. about this boy named john carter in my company/group/whatever. In case you haven't seen the movie John Carter let's give you a review.

Well you see, we had what was called a "special friend" which is a little bit like big sister little sister or secret santa. And I got this boy named john carter. We had to do something for them each day- an act of service, a compliment, all sorts of churchy stuff. But the third day we had to write them a poem. and so OF COURSE, i wrote about how I was confused at the fact that John Carter doesn't have a mustache. which i will GLADLY share with you.

John Carter, i wish you had a mustache.
it would completer your look.
those abs just seem so lonely.
without facial hair, no hearts, you took.

Oh, if you had a mustache,
you could lasso those monsters with pride
and then you could go back to mars
and all those aliens would be on your side

COME ON JOHN CARTER! GET WITH IT!
i don't get why you don't see!
that a mustache would make you look cooler!
their boyfriends, those girls, would want you to be.

BUT perhaps the best part of all of this is, is that on the fourth day, we had to reveal ourselves in a creative way. and so obviously, I borrowed my friends ukulele, cut out a mustache, went up to him in front of the entire group, struck a pose (i believe it was a lunge) and then I sang him his poem. I believe I put some growls in their and my tune was spectacular for the time i had to prepare (none) and he thought it was awesome. as did i. and many others. 


While I was at EFY, we had a variety show. and these two boys performed a song called, "super tights" i believe that they made it up themselves. some of the lyrics were, "BATMAN, SUPERMAN, SPIDERMAN, THEY ALL WEAR TIGHTS. ALL THE SUPERHEROES WEAR TIGHTS." and all of that jazzy stuff.

which brings me to...........

After the spectacular EFY trip, I went to the amazing spiderman. if you haven't seen it yet, you're lame, and I suggest you see it NOW. for a moment, he was my favorite superhero, but then I saw sense and realized that my favorite superhero was captain america or maybe iron man and that spiderman may have a close third, but he isn't cool enough to be the first. Although he can shoot spider webs out of his palms, he doesn't wear the american flag all over his super tights. so..... sorry spiderman. Peter Parker the second may be better the Peter Parker the first, but you aren't as cool as Steve Rogers yet. keep on working.

No comments:

Post a Comment